This course aims to give you the knowledge required to understand the impact of and key issues surrounding depression and anxiety – an essential skill for anyone who works with individuals who have depression and anyone who would like more information on this subject for personal reasons.
This course is set up into five manageable sections:
- Section 1: The meaning of ‘depression’
- In this section, you will look at the difference between ‘feeling low’ and clinical depression, alongside examining the key facts about depression.
- Section 2: The cause of depression
- In this section, you will cover the causes and symptoms of depression and will also look at individual experiences and case studies from those who have experienced the condition.
- Section 3: The effects of psychotic depression
- In this section, you will understand exactly what psychotic depression is, develop the skills required to identify those suffering from it and begin to explore ways in which to begin dealing with the condition.
- Section 4: Effects on the individual, family and friends
- You will understand how depression affects an individual’s life, as well as the lives of their family and close friends.
- Section 5: How the demands of daily life can maintain depression
- This section covers the demands of modern, daily life and how they can manifest themselves into various forms of depression. You will also be introduced to techniques for managing these pressures and demands.
- Section 6: Depression management and support
- You will cover the possible treatments and local resources which can help sufferers of depression and psychotic depression.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034442 / Q034443
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.