Understanding Eating Disorders (CPD) — Online Learning
This course aims to give you the knowledge required to understand the impact of and key issues surrounding eating disorders, as well as an awareness of the harmful effects eating disorders can have on individuals and those closest to them.
The course is ideal for anyone who would like more information on this subject for personal reasons, or anyone who would like to work with, and support, individuals with eating disorders.
This course is set up into four manageable sections:
- Section 1: Types of eating disorders
- This section will develop your understanding of several eating disorders.
- Section 2: Potential causes of eating disorders
- This section covers the common causes of eating disorders including psychological, environmental, societal and biological factors.
- Section 3: The effects of eating disorders
- This section outlines the harmful effects of an eating disorder on the individual, their family and close friends.
- Section 4: Management and recovery from eating disorders
- This section covers methods through which individuals with an existing eating disorder can manage and recover including medical interventions, public health resources and further treatment options.
How to enrol onto this course
You can enrol onto this course using our online enrolment system.
Hit the button below to enrol now!
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034444 / Q034445
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and must be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.