The Higher Development Award is a new qualification for NHS staff, intended to allow existing employees to move forward in their careers and to build skills within leadership. The course will help develop overall leadership and management skills, confidence, self-belief, and motivation. This will have a direct impact on the service, patient/service users experience and outcomes.
The course will offer flexibility to learners, allowing them to integrate study days into existing employment. Some additional learning hours will be required, but most of the study will take place within the employee’s standard working hours.
The goal for this course is to improve the learner’s overall confidence within the sector, to improve job satisfaction and to expand on the employee’s job prospects. The training will make it possible for existing workers to transition into higher-level caring roles.
The Higher Development Award will be available from Stages 1 up to 3.
Commencing Monday 7 March, 4 April, 3 May, 6 June, 4 July
- Attitudes and values for personal development: Motivation, Adaptability, Different Values, Reflection, self-development, Resilience,
- Effective Communication: Body language, positive and negative non-verbal communication, Assertive/Passive behaviour
- Working as part of a team: Team Roles, Team Cohesion, Team values & goals, Team conflict
- Functional Skills English and/or maths at Entry 3/Level 1/ESOL Levels
Commencing Tuesday, 1 March, 19 April, 3 May, 7 June, 5 July, 9 August, 6 September 2022
- Leading your work team
- Improving the performance of the work team
- Planning and monitoring work
- Developing work team
- Meeting customer needs
- Using information to solve problems
- Understanding change in the workplace
- Managing a workplace project
- Functional Skills English and/or maths Level 2
Understand how to establish an effective team
Developing self and others
Giving briefings and making presentations
Managing workplace projects
Leading & motivating a team effectively
Understanding training and coaching in the workplace
To apply to The Higher Development Award, please consult your line manager who will be able to direct you to the relevant expression of interest forms.