This is a full NVQ qualification in Gents Hair cutting and styling. It provides a working knowledge in the world of Gents styling. With this qualification a new career in Gents styling could be yours.
This course is not suitable for school leavers.
The course includes:
- Health and Safety
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Cut Hair using Basic Barbering Techniques
- Cut Facial Hair to Shape using Basic Techniques
- Dry and Finish Men's Hair.
Optional units could include:
- Create Basic Patterns in Hair
- Change Men's Hair Colour
- Reception Duties
- Maintain Effectiveness at Work
- Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Organisation
- Promote Additional Products and Services to Customers
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
Start: Tuesday 19th September 2023
End: Tuesday 25th June 2024
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £1,500
Tuition fees may be waived if you are in receipt of certain benefits. Please see our Fee Remission page to see if you can claim a fee reduction.
Course code: C021756 / Q021757
Level 2 Diploma in Barbering
You will need:
All students must undertake and pass a practical dexterity test prior to enrolment to ensure you are suitable for this course.
Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply. You may need to complete an English and maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
This part-time route is only available to students who are aged 19+.
|Teaching & assessment||
Continual assessment of practical and written and oral testing of theory.
Extra units can be taken in subsequent years to build a full NVQ Level 2 in Ladies Hairdressing.
You will need to purchase kit and a uniform. Costs for these can be discussed at interview.