This course is ideal if you are unsure of the vocational area you would like to study and want to focus on maths, English and employability skills.
You will learn:
- How to learn, based on projects around your interests.
- English and maths – GCSE or Functional Skills.
- Personal and social skills.
- Career pathways and employability.
You can expect:
- Support from well-being and behaviour mentors, learning support assistants (LSAs) and supportive tutors.
- Project based learning around your interests and current real-world experiences or problems.
- An opportunity for trips/visits and guest speakers.
- Work experience/taster days.
- 1-1 career advice, mock interviews to prepare for your next steps.
Start: Tuesday 3rd September 2024
Course code: C041802 / Q041803
There are no formal entry requirements but you must be aged 16-18.
|Teaching & assessment
Projects will be based on your interests and real-world experiences or problems. Tutors will support you to plan, research and produce evidence in any way you want. This could be a poster, storyboard, discussion, recording.
GCSE English and maths exam dates are nationally set for the end of May, beginning of June. Functional Skills English and maths exams are throughout the year when students are ready.
Successful completion of the course can help you to progress onto a Level 1 work-related (vocational) area within the college, or, if you are still unsure what you want to do, onto the Foundation Learning - Projects Progression (Level 1)
This course is ideal for anyone who may have struggled at school or in mainstream education so far. You will have a dedicated tutor to help and guide you through regular one-to-one progress reviews. This course will give you the confidence and skills needed to unlock your potential