This course is perfect if you are aged between 16-25 and may be looking for an opportunity to boost confidence, prepare for the next step in your career or consider your options before making a firm decision on what you want to do next.
- Have limited or no other options for progression in mainstream college
- Prefer to seek other opportunities away from a full academic year college pathway
- Have been withdrawn through personal choice or have exhausted other available options.
Our 12-week personal development programme will give you the chance to gain new skills, earn a qualification and meet new people.
When you come on board, you’ll be challenged to:
- Take on your own group community project, making a positive difference to the place where you live
- Take part in an action-packed residential trip
- Get two weeks’ work experience in something you are interested in
- Develop your English and maths skills
As part of the course, you'll also spend some time developing your interview and CV skills to ensure your confidence is sky-high when taking the next step.
You will meet new people who you will work with and gain new experiences including work placements and other valuable experiences to improve your confidence and help you plan for the future.
Varied Nottingham College Campuses
Courses start in September, January and April.
Course code: C044744 / Q044748
The Prince’s Trust Award and Certificate in Employment, Teamwork and Community (ETC) Level 1
12 weeks full-time
No formal qualifications are required but you must be aged 16-25 and not in education, employment or training. You will be expected to build a portfolio of work including writing.
|Teaching & assessment||
There are no formal exams, and you will need to complete a portfolio of work which will provide the evidence for your qualification.
Further training and employment opportunities in the wider world of work.