This course is perfect if you’re looking to take your skills and knowledge of car maintenance and repair further.
You’ll learn how to service and repair cars and vans and how to diagnose and solve non-complex faults on vehicles.
You can expect to put everything you learn into practice in our industry-standard workshops at London Road. You’ll also get to work alongside experienced technicians from a wide range of different manufacturer backgrounds. This means you can learn from people who have experience of the motor trade
Units studied will enable you to:
- Remove and replace chassis units and components
- Remove and replace electrical auxiliary units and components
- Remove and replace engine units and components
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance
- Contribute to workplace housekeeping
- Maintain positive workplace relationships
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
Start: 7th September 2020
Course code: C000198 / Q001137
IMI Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
You’ll need 4 GCSEs at grades 9–3 (A*– D), including English Language and Maths – one of English Language or Maths must be grade 9– 4 (A*– C). Functional Skills Level 1 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 3 (D) and Functional Skills Level 2 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 4 (C) or above.
You’ll take part in continuous practical assessments and tests.
Choose to follow with further studies at Nottingham College on a Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance programme.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees. If you are aged 19 or over, check out our Financial Help page for information on fees and funding!