This course is perfect if you’re aged 19 or over and looking to take your skills and knowledge of car maintenance and repair further.
You’ll learn how to service and repair cars and vans and how to diagnose and solve non-complex faults on vehicles.
You can expect to put everything you learn into practice in our industry-standard workshops at London Road. You’ll also get to work alongside experienced technicians from a wide range of different manufacturer backgrounds. This means you can learn from people who have experience of the motor trade
Units studied will enable you to:
- Remove and replace chassis units and components
- Remove and replace electrical auxiliary units and components
- Remove and replace engine units and components
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance
- Contribute to workplace housekeeping
- Maintain positive workplace relationships
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
Start: 6th September 2021
Course code: C024647 / Q024645
IMI Level 2 Certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
You’ll need a relevant Level 1 vocational qualification with English and Maths GCSE grades 9– 3 (A*– D).
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.
You’ll take part in continuous practical assessments and tests.
Choose to follow with further studies at Nottingham College on a Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance programme.
You may be eligible for funding. Check out our Financial Help pages to find out more!
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.