Welcome to the Advice for Parents and Carers section.
Helping your child decide their next step can seem overwhelming, so it is reassuring to know that there is plenty of support available both at Nottingham College and externally.
Whether you are worrying about advising your teen, supporting them to choose their career path, or researching and understanding post-16 choices and the options available, you’re in safe hands. Our careers team are experienced in supporting students to aim high and realise their aspirations.
Nottingham College will…
- Address the needs of each individual learner to ensure an inclusive and enjoyable college experience.
- Offer workplace experience to increase learner’s confidence in progressing to a sector of their choosing.
- Support your child in addressing and overcoming barriers to their ambitions via links with pastoral staff
- Offer supported internships and specialist support for SEND students via our long-standing programme of Supported Learning opportunities.
- A careers advice site for parents
- What qualifications levels mean
- An interesting comparison between Vocational (work-related study) and Academic study
- Information and advice for parents from the Careers Writers Association
- SEND and disability information and support
- Your Daughters Future Careers Resource
- An interesting careers toolkit for parents and carers of girls
- CareerMag for Parents
- Interesting information to help you and your child look at the various opportunities available
- Parent’s Guide to Green Careers
- Your guide to Green Careers Week which starts on the 06 November 2023