Welcome to the Advice for Parents and Carers section.
Helping your child decide their next step can seem overwhelming, so it is reassuring to know that there is plenty of support available both at Nottingham College and externally.
Whether you are worrying about advising your teen, supporting them to choose their career path, or researching and understanding post-16 choices and the options available, you’re in safe hands. Our careers team are experienced in supporting students to aim high and realise their aspirations.
Nottingham College will…
- Address the needs of each individual learner to ensure an inclusive and enjoyable college experience.
- Offer workplace experience to increase learner’s confidence in progressing to a sector of their choosing.
- Support your child in addressing and overcoming barriers to their ambitions via links with pastoral staff
- Offer supported internships and specialist support for SEND students via our long-standing programme of Supported Learning opportunities.
- A careers advice site for parents
- Useful information about the minimum age at which young people in England can leave education or training - they do not need to stay in school.
- What qualifications levels mean
- An interesting comparison between Vocational (work-related study) and Academic study
- Information and advice for parents from the Careers Writers Association
- Advice for parents about careers options for their children
- SEND and disability information and support
- Your Daughters Future Careers Resource
- An interesting careers toolkit for parents’ and carers’ of girls
- CareerMag for Parents
- Interesting information to help you and your child look at the various opportunities available