What is Labour Market Information, why is it important and where can you find it?
Labour market information can support you with decision-making. Maybe you want to research or change jobs or career, or move to a new location. For example, if you are a skilled production-line worker and you move to a town with few factories, you may have difficulty in finding a job. Researching the labour market before you move can help you make planned and informed decisions.
Learning what it is, and how to use it, can support you in finding a job.
Labour market information details:
- The jobs and skills employers are looking for
- Which industries are hiring and where they are located
- Where to find employers who are hiring
- What working conditions are like for specific industries
- What education and training you need for specific jobs
- What factors can stop you from getting a job
- Which job areas are growing in the future and other statistics