There are many benefits of degree level education including:
- Developing knowledge and expertise in a subject you enjoy
- Pursuing a career you are passionate about
- Improve your career prospects and give youself an opportunity to earn more money
Earning a degree is a significant achievement that will have lifelong benefits. You will achieve an academic qualification, and learn valuable life skills along the way. University is a unique learning experience, both academically and socially. You will meet people from a variety of different backgrounds, which informs your learning by exposing you to different points of view. Nottingham College’s Careers Team can help support you in deciding:
- What type of degree you would like to study
- What subject/s you would like to study
- Where you would like to study
- Provide financial advice for higher education
Here are some useful links to help support your decision-making:
- http://www.fulbright.org.uk — for studying in the US
- https://www.teamdancop.co.uk — targeted HE progression and support
- https://www.prospects.ac.uk — for post-graduate information
- https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login — information about student funding
- https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/what-and-where-study/ucas-undergraduate-what-study — a useful video if you are not sure what and where to study
Useful resources from Higher Education providers
A range of YouTube videos offering advice and guidance to those going to university and considering going to university in the future
A range of sessions to inspire and inform young people about different subject areas available at Higher Education (HE)
Fast Track to Clearing
Have you secured your university place for September? Are you worried about your predicted grades or have changed your mind about where you want to study? You can jump the queue and register now for fast track to Clearing. Fast track allows you to register for a phone call to talk through your options before results day and they may even be able to offer you an early place at the University.
UCAS and personal statements
Virtual open day
Can't make it to an open day? Take a virtual tour instead!
Although they can’t see you in person at the moment, they have lots of virtual activities if you are considering higher education.
UNI4U @ Home contains information for students who are exploring the options around university, and for students preparing to start university in September 2020.
Explore UNI4U @ Home here.
Join the University of Lincoln's Virtual Classroom. Join them for Live Link-ups, Lincoln Live talks and the Lincoln Quiz!
Nottingham Trent University's Student Recruitment and Outreach team are digitalising their sessions so you can find information, advice and guidance on considering and applying to university online.
The first two sessions are now available. 'Researching Your Options From Home' is for year 12s and 'Student Finance' is for year 13s.
They’ll be updating the page with more sessions over the coming weeks. These sessions include:
- the UCAS process
- personal statement workshop
- how to stress less
- thriving at university
Parents and Carers Guide
Nottingham Trent University's guide to applying to NTU for parents and carers, is full of useful information about the application process, NTU, and higher education in general.