Over a two year period you will gain the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner and Level 3 Customer Service Specialist, which are nationally recognised qualifications, and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor.
This is a dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts or Service Advisors and will run alongside the Standard to ensure you gain full knowledge of your specialist area at the appropriate level.
As a Service Advisor, you will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required. Once completed you should be able to:
- Be the first and last point of contact with the service customers
- Take customer bookings and scheduling services and repairs
- Communicate the customers work and faults to the vehicle technicians
- Handle customer complaints
- Advice and guidance for vehicle care and warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI
As a Parts Advisor you are responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts. Once completed you should be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff
- Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealerships, and garages
- Advise on accessories and modifications
- Warranty claims and returns
A residential programme is delivered at EMTEC’s Training Facility, in Ruddington, near Nottingham several times a year to complement the work-based learning the employer will provide within your role.
|Study location||Ruddington Ruddington Fields Business Park, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6JZ|
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time of the year.
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) and Level 3 Customer Service Specialist (ST0071/AP01) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor.
|Level||Level 2 and 3|
You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant job but we can assist you in finding a placement,
You will also need 4 GCSEs at grades 9 to 3/A* to D or equivalent including English Language and Maths. Some employers may require additional qualifications depending on the role.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
Training is delivered via a block release programme at a dedicated Centre of Excellence Training Academy in Nottingham.
We partner with OEM supply chain to provide you with access to the latest technically advanced materials, provide knowledge and access competencies that participants can put into direct action in their workshops when returning from training.
You will progress from Level 2 to Level 3.