Our Alcohol Awareness distance learning course aims to raise awareness of the harmful effects of alcohol use and the possible health issues surrounding its consumption, as well as where to seek help if needed.
- Section 1: Alcohol unit strengths
- This section covers the unit strengths of different alcoholic drinks.
- Section 2: Alcohol misuse
- You will identify the main reasons why people may misuse alcohol.
- Section 3: Effects of alcohol misuse
- In this section, you will learn about some of the psychological and physical effects of alcohol misuse.
- Section 4: Health issues
- This section covers the ways in which alcohol misuse can impact on health, such as nutrition, the liver, the heart, mental health and sexual health.
- Section 5: Withdrawing from alcohol
- You will develop your knowledge of the effects of withdrawing from alcohol.
- Section 6: Help and information
- In this section, you will cover the sources of help and information in relation to alcohol abuse.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034430 / Q034431
You will learn at your own pace but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.