This course is perfect if you are working within a childcare and educational setting or looking for employment within the sectors.
The modules covered within the subject are:
- Unit 1: Principles of bullying
- Define bullying, cyber-bullying and discrimination and look at bullying in context. Look into the short term and long-term effects that bullying can have on children and young people.
- Unit 2: Recognising bullying in children and young people
- Identify individuals who may be at risk from bullying and the signs that may indicate that a child or young person is being bullied. Consider the reasons that may cause children and young people to be a bully themselves to get to the root of the problem.
- Unit 3: Action to be taken when a child or young person is being bullied
- Evaluate how to respond to and support a child who may be being bullied and how to approach the bully themself.
- Unit 4: Understand government guidelines for bullying
- Deep dive into relevant anti bullying legislation like The Equality Act 2010 and look into government and Ofsted guidance and policies on bullying and preventing it.
By the end of the course you can expect to have a better understanding on spotting the signs of bullying and how to deal with this effectively.
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C045269 / Q045270
TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
You will study this course at your own pace, but it must be completed within 12 weeks. You will receive an automated email reminding you of when you need to complete your assignment.
There are no formal entry requirements but you must be aged 19+.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is assessed by internally set and marked assessments subjects. All learners are assessed on their knowledge and understanding throughout their course.
All learning outcomes and assessment criteria must be met to achieve a Pass.
Successful learners can progress onto other Level 2 qualifications within our online offer including:
Learners may be eligible for funding* which means the course will be free to complete, subject to providing evidence requested to meet the criteria for free courses. There is a £100 withdrawal fee if a learner does not complete the course and we may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet their submission deadlines for their course units.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification these courses will not be funded, please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.