Awareness of Substance Misuse (CPD) — Online Learning
This short, auto-marked programme will teach you everything you need to know about substance misuse; develop your knowledge on an important, contemporary issue; and equip you with a skill set that is highly transferrable.
This course is split into four manageable sections:
- Section 1: Substances that are commonly misused
- In this section, you will cover the reasons why people use substances, the types of substances that are misused and the factors that can influence the effects of substances.
- Section 2: The personal and social effects of substance misuse
- You will study the harmful effects of substance misuse on individuals and society, as well as where to get support and advice on substance misuse.
- Section 3: The perceptions of and responses to substance misuse
- This section covers how stereotyping affects users and how media reporting affects people's perceptions of substance misuse. You will also cover statistics about substance misuse.
- Section 4: Ways to promote healthy choices and build resilience
- You will look at the risk factors and protective factors for substance misuse, ways to protect individuals from the risks of substance misuse and the barriers to making healthy choices.
How to enrol onto this course
You can enrol onto this course using our online enrolment system.
Hit the button below to enrol now!
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034438 / Q034439
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.