This short, auto-marked programme will teach you everything you need to know about substance misuse; develop your knowledge on an important, contemporary issue; and equip you with a skill set that is highly transferrable.
This course is split into four manageable sections:
- Section 1: Substances that are commonly misused
- In this section, you will cover the reasons why people use substances, the types of substances that are misused and the factors that can influence the effects of substances.
- Section 2: The personal and social effects of substance misuse
- You will study the harmful effects of substance misuse on individuals and society, as well as where to get support and advice on substance misuse.
- Section 3: The perceptions of and responses to substance misuse
- This section covers how stereotyping affects users and how media reporting affects people's perceptions of substance misuse. You will also cover statistics about substance misuse.
- Section 4: Ways to promote healthy choices and build resilience
- You will look at the risk factors and protective factors for substance misuse, ways to protect individuals from the risks of substance misuse and the barriers to making healthy choices.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
Start: 1st August 2020
End: 31st July 2021
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034438 / Q034439
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.