This is a great introduction to British Sign Language.
The course will introduce the group to sign language and all individuals to be able to do some basic signing, interpret others doing basic signs and to have a general deaf awareness.
The tutor will:
- Introduce BSL as a language
- Show you how to fingerspell
- Ask the group to fingerspell their own names and groups names
- Introduce family signs, for example, mother, father, sister, brother, friend etc
- Teach you simple signed conversations
- Explain basic deaf awareness
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
There are no entry requirements, however you must have a good standard of written and spoken English.
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College sites.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
You can read more about community courses and your individual Learning Plan in our Guidance for Community Learners booklet.
Tutor: Andrew Rowe