This qualification will help develop your knowledge and skills around counselling by looking at counselling theories, key elements of the main theoretical approaches and will help you to develop self-understanding and reflect on your own values and beliefs.
- Using counselling skills
- In this unit, you will learn to identify core counselling skills alongside understanding how these are practised in a counselling relationship. You will gain an understanding of how to establish an effective working relationship and will consider the boundaries which need to be respected in this sensitive role.
- Introduction to counselling skills theories
- This unit will introduce you to the key elements of the main theoretical approaches in counselling, psychodynamics, person-centred therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy. There are key practical differences between these theories and you will hone your skills in understanding the significant importance of counselling theory.
- Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- This unit covers the concepts of diversity and ethics. You will gain an understanding of anti-discriminatory practice, discover the key aspects of an ethical framework, and discover ways to address diversity in counselling skills practice.
- Counselling skills and personal development
- This unit encourages you to develop self-understanding, identifying your own values and beliefs and the ability to reflect on your personal qualities and skills.
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C037851 / Q037852
Counselling Skills (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will study at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 120 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full* by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.