Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating (CPD) — Online Learning
Are you looking to complete a healthy eating course?
Online materials and assessments make this course accessible to anyone, anywhere.
This course will give you the knowledge you need to understand a wide variety of health issues and consider the key aspects of healthy eating when you are preparing meals for yourself and other people.
You will become more aware of your own diet and the methods you can use to ensure you manage a healthy diet. You will consider different aspects of food, such as flavour, texture and colour, and studying this course will change the way you plan your food and think about your diet.
This course is split into five manageable sections:
- Section 1: Diet and health
- In this section, you will understand the meaning of the term ‘diet’, what a healthy diet looks like and how to enjoy and maintain a balanced diet. This section covers topics such as energy and its sources, lifestyle, obesity and the positives and negatives of salts.
- Section 2: Components of a healthy diet
- In this section, you will identify different food groups, better understand a balanced diet and gain a range of information relating to how best to keep your body healthy.
- Section 3: Nutrients and their role in maintaining health
- In this section, you will identify the importance of nutrients, fluids and fibre and understand their pivotal role in maintaining good health and well-being.
- Section 4: Healthy food preparation
- In this section, you will cover the key concepts of food preparation and understand what is essential to consider when planning a meal for both yourself and other people.
- Section 5: Food safety awareness
- This section will introduce you to food safety and will help you understand about personal hygiene, cleaning and contamination.
How to enrol onto this course
You can enrol onto this course using our online enrolment system.
Hit the button below to enrol now!
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034456 / Q034457
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.