Manufacturing Engineering HNC (Level 4) — Full-time
This programme is designed to educate future engineers with greater flexibility and technical capability by exploring the integrated nature of manufacturing and mechanical engineering.
It is intended for students who have completed studies at an advanced level, or who have more varied experience and wish to pursue a career in engineering and manufacturing.
The courses contain significant project-based learning including laboratory investigations, design work, projects, case studies and tutorials.
The course aims to:
- Develop skills in manufacturing and mechanical engineering
- Encourage students to develop solutions to manufacturing and mechanical problems
- Establish employability skills and develop a multi-tasking and multi-skills approach
Knowledge of manufacturing engineering and systems is developed by:
- Understanding the general engineering industry and related work placements
- Examining historical, theoretical and ethical positions in response to engineering design
- Considering the relationship between traditional skills and developing technologies
- Being aware of the creative process of engineering design
- Understanding the behaviour of materials subjected to complex loading systems
- Determining the dynamic parameters of power transmission system elements and rotating systems
Practical skills essential for the Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineer include production methods technical aptitude, pre-planning and production organisation and presentational skills.
Core units include:
- Engineering science
- Managing professional engineering project
- Engineering maths
- Production engineering for manufacturing
- Engineering design
- Quality and process improvement
You can view the full Course Specification here.
How to apply for this course
Entry onto this course is via UCAS.
- Institution code: N30
- UCAS code: MAN1
Want to find out more first?
Would you like more information? Email our HE team.Download a guide Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
Jesse Boot Avenue
Start: Monday 25th September 2023
Fees / reductions:
The tuition fee is per year.
Various bursaries are available for some Higher Education courses.
Tuition fee: £8,250
Course code: C039310 / Q039311
Pearson HNC in Manufacturing Engineering
You'll need a minimum of 32 UCAS points from:
Other combinations of qualifications and experience will also be considered, as will Level 3 qualifications not currently listed on the UCAS tariff.
We would expect students to be working at (or to demonstrate competency at) Level 2 or above in English/literacy and maths/numeracy
Mature applicants with relevant professional experience and/or qualifications are welcome to apply.
|Teaching & assessment||
Coursework is continually assessed through a variety of individual and group assignments, such as practical activities, written reports and presentations.
The HNC qualification provide students with the skills required for industry. For example students have gone on to obtain employment in manufacturing, production, research and development, design, technical sales, mechanical, structural engineering, aerospace and automotive engineering.
After successfully completing the HNC, you could top up to an HND here.
Engineering Horizon Kit - How renewable energy is the future
Learn more about how renewable energy sources are made and how to make our future greener. We teach our students to be more sustainable throughout their learning with us, as we progress into an everchanging and green-conscious industry.
This video features lecturer Abbad, introducing our horizon kits that students use to learn with.