This qualification aims to equip you with a detailed understanding of the concepts of health and well-being, including basic anatomy and physiology.
You will learn about the role of nutrition in exercise, including energy requirements and fluid replacement, and then learn about how to measure personal fitness levels and create a personal programme of exercise and nutrition.
Upon completion of this course, you could progress on to one of our other online nutrition courses, such as Nutrition, Health and Food Awareness.
- Unit 1: Understand health, well-being and exercise
- In this unit, you will cover the concepts of health and well-being, factors that could have a negative impact on health and well-being, factors that can affect personal motivation, and the basics of anatomy and physiology.
- Unit 2: Understand the role of nutrition in exercise
- You will learn about diet and nutrition, energy requirements and fluid replacement for exercise.
- Unit 3: Plan and prepare for personal exercise and nutrition
- In the third and final unit of this course, your employees will learn about the importance of exercising safely, how to measure personal fitness levels, how to follow an appropriate personal programme of exercise and nutrition, and how to evaluate a personal programme of exercise and nutrition.
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C033666 / Q033667
Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will study at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 110 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full* by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.