This course provides electricians with the skills and knowledge required to install small scale photovoltaic (PV) systems.
The course has been structured to meet the requirements of the National Occupational Standards and is recognised as a demonstration of competence for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
- Photovoltaic panels in context of renewable technologies
- How a Photovoltaic system works – principles and components
- Design of a PV system · Installation of a PV system
- Commissioning and Client Hand Over
- Maintenance and Fault Finding
- Control and power requirements
- System commissioning and handover to client
You can expect expert instruction, a comprehensive industry designed curriculum, engaging learning materials, interactive and practical learning opportunities, individual attention and support, assessment and feedback mechanisms, networking opportunities, and post-training support.
These elements combine to create a valuable and impactful learning experience.
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
Level 3 Award in Installation of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
You must be a fully qualified electrician.
|Teaching & assessment
Assessment is by a combination of practical and theory based exams.