This programme could be right up your street if you prefer vocational training to academic study and want to build on your existing technical skills in light vehicle (cars and vans) maintenance while earning a wage.
With a combination of on-the-job training and assessments, and training through an IMI Awards approved centre, apprenticeships demonstrate your competence to do a job to a national standard.
The course covers:
- the basics of vehicle technologies and emerging technologies
- types and characteristics of light vehicles
- diagnostic principles and logical problem-solving techniques
- basic tasks common to all procedures
- how to maintain a safe and efficient workshop
- using specialist equipment
- servicing and maintaining a vehicle without supervision
- investigating vehicle faults and identifying causes
- removing, repairing and replacing parts in line with manufacturer's standards
Block or Day Release
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time of the year.
Automotive Retail - Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) - Level 3
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
You will develop an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the qualification. Evidence can be generated by observation of your workplace practice, witness testimonies, case studies or personal accounts of events. Online tests will be used to confirm your knowledge and understanding.