If you would like to further your career by gaining a qualification but want to earn while you learn, then this may be the apprenticeship for you.
You will learn:
- Culinary principles - including preparation, cooking, handling, taste, diet, nutrition, standardised menus and working in a time-bound environment
- Food business principles - including business strategy and requirements, brand standards, competitors, customer profiles, minimising waste, product knowledge, promotions and sales
- Financial management - including forecasting, setting targets, minimising risks, monitoring revenue, profits and costs
- Food safety standards - including taking responsibility for food safety practices and procedures, personal hygiene standards and safely storing, preparing and cooking ingredients
- Senior production chef practices - including preparing, cooking and presenting standardised dishes, dealing with issues and malfunctions and maintaining product and service quality
- Team management - including active listening, effective communication, promoting a fair working environment and staff support and development
|Study location||Clarendon Pelham Avenue, Nottingham, NG5 1AL|
Hospitality - Senior Production Chef - Level 3
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
You will develop an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the qualification. Evidence can be generated by observation of your workplace, witness testimonies, case studies or personal accounts of events. Online tests may be used to confirm your knowledge and understanding as well as an End Point Assessment.