Senior production chefs may lead a brigade team or may support the head chef in larger establishments.
They report activities to the Head chef or appropriate line manager. They supervise production chef teams in a variety of kitchen environments, for example: schools, hospitals, the Armed Forces, care homes and high street casual dining or pub kitchens.
Job roles include:
- Head chef
- Second chef
- Kitchen manager/supervisor
Senior production chefs have accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen service, producing, monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards, legislative requirements and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
Senior production chefs:
- Supervise and contribute to the production of centrally developed standardised recipes and menus
- Supervise the production of dishes to meet specific dietary requirements
- Complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- Identify training needs and assist in the recruitment of kitchen personnel
- Maintain the catering operating budget using nominated suppliers and ensuring the control of waste.
- Support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience
- Monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity
- Lead team briefings/meetings
|Study location||City Hub 111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB|
Production Chef - Level 3 Standard
18 - 24 months
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will develop an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the qualification. Evidence can be generated by observation of your workplace, witness testimonies, case studies or personal accounts of events. Online tests may be used to confirm your knowledge and understanding as well as an End Point Assessment.