The Supported Internship is an exciting opportunity to gain realistic employment and training.
During the course you will enhance your skills and ensure you are ready for the world of work.
You will be supported by dedicated staff who will identify the skills you need to ensure you find the right job opportunities for you with our comprehensive contacts of local employers.
The majority of the programme is dedicated to the workplace. But you will also, have individual tutorials, enhance your maths and English skills and gain an employability qualification to demonstrate you know how to find work and identify the skills you need to progress.
About Supported Internships
The aim of supported internships is to prepare young people with complex needs for paid employment by:
- supporting them to develop the skills valued by employers
- enabling them to demonstrate their value in the workplace
- developing confidence in their own abilities to perform successfully at work.
Whilst the ideal outcome from a supported internship will be the offer of a paid job from an employer, possibly the employer who hosted the intern’s work placement, other outcomes include:
- building up experience for a CV, demonstrating that the young person has the skills and willingness to work
- changing the perception of employers about employing people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- changing the perception of the young person’s family that they can work
- improving skills in English and maths that enable the young person to be better prepared for work, including handling money, interacting with the public, and practising interview skills
- becoming independent travellers
664 Nuthall Road
Start: 6th September 2021
Course code: C000259 / Q001526
You must have an EHCP (Education, Health & Care Plan) or a recognised assessment of need from your Local Authority.
No formal qualifications required. We will invite you to sit an Initial Assessment and will be looking for a result of Entry Level 2 or Entry Level 3.
If your Initial Assessment results are lower than this, you may be suited to a different course, but don't worry, as after your Initial Assessment, we'll always clearly explain all your options.
You will carry out elements to achieve competence in each component of the course. You will be supported to produce a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your skills and achievements in every area of the programme.
Employment in your chosen area of work.
You can read more about how we support our learners here.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees.
If you are aged 19 or over you may still be eligible for funding. Check out our Financial Help pages to find out more!
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.
Duncan loves College and he's come on in leaps and bounds this year. I can't praise Dee Edwards at Nottingham College enough for all she's done for Duncan, and the support and communication which I need and appreciate.Linda Duncan's mum
Construction apprentices win regional awards
Photography students take over the big screen at Victoria Centre to showcase their work.
Cash for skills boost for Nottingham College