T Level Technical Qualification in Construction — Building Services Engineering for Construction (Level 3) (16 – 18) — Full-time
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in construction, specifically in areas such as electrotechnical engineering.
A T Level is a nationally-recognised qualification that is worth the same number of UCAS points as 3 A levels and is accepted by universities. During the 2-year programme, students will develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of construction occupations. It also includes a minimum of 9 weeks working with an employer on an industry placement.
The core content will help you develop a general understanding of working in the construction industries. In addition to this, you will study a specialist pathway in electrotechnical engineering.
You will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
- Health and safety
- The science behind building design, surveying and planning
- Making accurate and appropriate measurements
- Construction methods
- Building regulations and standards
- Data management and information standards in construction
- Relationship management and customer service
- How the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
- Digital engineering techniques
- Mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
- Construction design principles and processes
- The construction industry and its role in the economy
- Sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- Business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
You will also learn about topics specific to building services engineering, including:
- Building technology principles
- Building services engineering systems
- Maintenance principles
- Tools, equipment and materials
In addition to the core content, you will study electrotechnical engineering.
This course will be taught at our Highfields campus where you’ll have access to our industry standard construction equipment and workshops.
How to apply for this course
Apply online to start in 2023/24.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Browse careers Get in touch
Jesse Boot Avenue
Start: Monday 4th September 2023
Course code: C042133 / Q042134
City & Guilds T level Technical Qualification in Building Services Engineering for Construction
You will need 5 GCSEs including English Language, Science and Maths at grade 5.
|Teaching & assessment||
The formal assessments of this course include:
Students can progress into roles such as:
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees.
If you are aged 19 or over you may still be eligible for funding. Check out our Financial Help pages to find out more!
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.