Interested in completing some stress management training?
According to a recent survey, UK employers reported that 12.5 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety in 2016/17, so learning to manage stress can have a significant, positive effect on your mental well-being.
This course aims to give you the knowledge required to understand the impact of and key issues surrounding stress and raise awareness of the harmful effects stress can have on individuals and those closest to them.
The course is ideal for anyone who would like more information on this subject for personal reasons, or anyone who would like to work with, and support, individuals with stress.
This course is set up into five manageable sections:
- Section 1: The definition of stress
- In this section, you will understand the definition of ‘stress’, the causes and effects of stress and internal and external demands of stress and how these can be effectively managed.
- Section 2: Causes of stress
- You will examine in greater detail: the main causes of stress, stress in the workplace and the general fear of feeling a lack of control over one’s own life.
- Section 3: The effects of stress
- In this section, you will identify the physical effects of stress, the body’s reaction to stress and the possible side-effects it can have on our health.
- Section 4: Internal and external demands in daily life that can cause stress
- You will cover, in more detail, the internal and external demands present in daily life that can cause and heighten levels of stress.
- Section 5: Stress management and support
- This section introduces the steps that can be taken to reduce the arduous demands we experience in life which can lead to stress.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034446 / Q034447
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.