Our latest Digital Skills Bootcamp in Cloud Computing will offer face to face learning at our City Hub campus.
Over the course of 10 weeks, these Bootcamps will be delivered free of charge for unemployed or self-employed learners over the age of 19, or at a nominal contribution for employed learners.
At the end of the Skills Bootcamp, learners will have a guaranteed interview and the opportunity to gain employment within an ICT role, progress onto a relevant apprenticeship or, be supported to explore other options to progress in their chosen career.
Cloud Computing Course Overview
This 10-week course focuses on developing Ideas and gaining skills for prospective employment in a cloud computing.
Students will understand the principles and key elements of effective marketing and how to gain the appropriate skills in the industry.
To register your interest for our next bootcamp fill in your details on the form below.
A role within a team working for a company or working as a consultant.
- A cloud specialist helps organisations migrate their information and services to the cloud in the following ways:
- Analyses company needs to select appropriate cloud technology
- Identifies opportunities to deploy, optimize and protect critical applications and data storage
- Manages company data securely across multi-cloud environments
- Builds best practices around procurement and integration
- Performs cloud technology patching when appropriate
Our course incorporates a basic understanding of the areas you’re likely to encounter working in this sector.
Successful students will:
- Be able to understand the fundamentals of cloud services
- Identify characteristics of cloud services
- Explain the benefits, drawbacks, functionality, and control levels of types of delivery model.
- Explain the benefits, drawbacks, functionality, and features of types of deployment model
- Describe the types of DNS records that are used in cloud services
- Understand cloud security
- Identify the characteristics of passwords
- Describe the configuration and management of passwords
- Describe the management of users and groups in cloud services
- Describe how to manage cloud identities
- Describe the types of security threat to cloud services and their characteristics
- Explain how different methods mitigate security threats
- Understand cloud technologies
- Describe the setup and configuration of virtual machines
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of virtual machines
- Identify the benefits of cloud-based applications
- Understand cloud backup and recovery methods
- Identify the features of a cloud backup policy
- Describe the steps of a disaster recovery plan