Our latest Green Skills Bootcamp in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management will offer face to face learning at our Ruddington campus.
Over the course of 3 weeks, these Bootcamps will be delivered free of charge for unemployed or self-employed learners over the age of 19, or at a nominal contribution for employed leaners.
At the end of the Skills Bootcamp, learners will have a guaranteed interview and the opportunity to gain employment within an automotive role, progress onto a relevant apprenticeship or, be supported to explore other options to progress in their chosen career.
Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management Course Overview
This 3‑week course focuses on developing ideas and gaining skills for prospective employment in the automotive sector, including the IMI Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management for Emergency and Recovery Personnel.
Students will understand the principles and key elements of electric vehicle hazard management and how to gain the appropriate skills in the automotive industry.
Course begins the week commencing 20th March. Sessions will run every day for 3 weeks at EMTEC, Ruddington, and include practical workshop and knowledge sessions.
A role or apprenticeship within a team working for an automotive company or a higher level qualification.
Our course incorporates a basic understanding of the areas you’re likely to encounter working in this sector.
Successful students will:
- Be able to remove and replace tyres and carry out wheel balance
- Understand health and safety legislation when working in a garage environment
- Identify hazards associated with a garage work area and equipment
- Explain the main components and their operation of steering systems
- Describe terms related to front/rear wheel geometry
- Identify slip angles, self-aligning torque, over steer, under steer and neutral steer
- List symptoms and faults associated mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
- Discuss the purpose of suspension components
- Describe the main components of a disc break set up system and explain hydraulic braking systems
- Explain the principles and components of ABS systems, electrical and electronic components
- Understand the main components, function and operation of the engine, including how to strip, inspect and rebuild
- Understand exhaust systems, drive lines, final drive assemblies and automatic transmission systems
- List the types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- Understand the hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
- Understand how to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
- Understand how to reduce the risk of injury when encountering electric/hybrid vehicles
- Know how to safely transport and store electric/hybrid vehicles