AAT Award in Bookkeeping (Level 1) — Part-time
This course will suit you if:
- You have no or limited accounts knowledge who are interested in interested in first level of Bookkeeping
- If you have not taken an exam in a long time and are looking for a gentle introduction back into studying and taking exams
- You are an employers who would like to offer up skilling for existing staff looking to join accountancy position
- Would like to explore book keeping or accountancy as a new career
This Level 1 qualification introduces the role of a bookkeeper and the underpinning knowledge to identify and carry out simple different bookkeeping activities, such as income and expenditure, profit and loss, and assets and liabilities. It also offers an introduction into the role, and the benefits and risks associated with bookkeeping software.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the role of the bookkeeper.
- Understand financial transactions.
- Process customer and supplier transactions.
- Process receipts and payments.
- Understand the benefits and risks of using accounting software to complete bookkeeping tasks.
How to enrol onto this course
It is no longer possible to apply for this course.
Please check back later, as we may be offering the course again in the future.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
AAT Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
Ideally, you will have achieved Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths or have GCSE English and Maths at grades 2-9* (A-D).
|Teaching & assessment||
You will undertake a computer based assessment when you are ready.
You can progress to Level 2 AAT Accountancy courses or obtain employment as a cashier.