Drawing and Painting at 25 Stoney Street (Level 1) – Part-time
This is perfect for any beginner who is interested in drawing and painting and those wanting to develop skills further.
This course is aimed at beginners and learners interested in improving and developing their skills in drawing and painting techniques.
Working in our well-resourced art department, you will be working on guided sessions with the support our experienced tutor to help build the knowledge and skills in drawing and painting. You will use a range of 2d media; pencil, pastels, watercolour and gouache and explore different techniques.
Each course will have a different theme enabling you to explore different subjects and new challenges!
- September Start: Natural World
- Students will create detailed drawing and paintings of various elements of nature; such as fruit, vegetables, plants and shells, as well as creating landscape based images.
- January Start: Animal Kingdom
- Students will explore animal forms and textures, such as fur, feathers and scales, to create drawings and paintings of both wild and domestic animals.
- April Start: Human Form
- Students will study the classic proportions of faces and figures and will use a variety of media and styles to create drawings and painting of portraits and full length figures.
You will receive an induction to our well resourced Art Department, excellent tutor teaching, new knowledge and skills in drawing, and opportunities to develop your creativity.
Basic drawing media and paper will be provided on the course. If you want to develop your work further you can purchase art materials at our Art Shop based at 25 Stoney Street.
You can view the fantastic creative works of our students on our Creative Showcase website below.View showcase
How to enrol onto this course
It is no longer possible to apply for this course.
Please check back later, as we may be offering the course again in the future.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
There are no formal entry requirements but you must be aged 19+.
|Teaching & assessment||
There is no formal assessment.
You can progress to other part-time courses in art and design.
Please note places are limited to 15.
Refunds are only given in exceptional circumstances. Please refer to the College guidance on refunds.