This qualification aims to raise your awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems.
You will gain an understanding of prevalent mental health problems and how you can then work with or interact with individuals with them.
- Unit 1: Understanding mental health
- In this unit you will learn about what is meant by ‘mental health’ and its impact. You will also look at the legal frameworks which ensure high quality care is provided.
- Unit 2: Understanding stress
- In this unit you will gain an understanding of stress and its causes, as well as the effects stress can have on individuals and their daily like. You will also gain an understanding of ways in which stress can be managed.
- Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
- Within this unit you will gain an understanding of anxiety, the causes of anxiety and how it affects the individual and others.
- Unit 4: Understanding phobias
- In this unit you will look at the causes of phobias and learn about how those with phobias can manage them.
- Unit 5: Understanding depression
- This unit covers the causes and effects of depression on individuals and those around them. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of how depression can be managed.
- Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression
- In this unit you will learn what is meant by the term ‘postnatal depression’. You will look into how postnatal depression not only affects women, but the effect it can have on others around them.
- Unit 7: Understanding bipolar disorder
- This unit will give learners an understanding of bipolar disorder, its causes and the effects it can have on individuals and their daily lives. You will also gain an understanding of ways in which bipolar disorder can be managed.
- Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
- Within this unit you will look at the causes of schizophrenia and the media’s representation of this condition.
- Unit 9: Understanding dementia
- Within this unit you will not only learn about what dementia is and how it affects an individual, but will gain an understanding of the ways in which dementia can be managed.
- Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 10 will give you in-depth knowledge of eating disorder, the causes of eating disorders and how they can affect the individual and others.
- Unit 11: Understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Within this unit you will look at ADHD, the causes of this condition and the effect it can have on an individual and others.
- Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- In this unit you will gain an understanding of OCD, its causes and how it might affect the individual and others. You will also learn about ways in which OCD can be managed.
- Unit 13: Understanding Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- The final unit will give you knowledge of PTSD, its causes and how it can affect the individual. You will also gain an understanding of the ways in which PTSD can be managed.
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C037861 / Q037862
Awareness of Mental Health Problems (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will study this course at your own pace, but it must be completed within 20 weeks. You will receive an automated email reminding you of when you need to complete your assignment.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
Learners may be eligible for funding* which means the course will be free to complete, subject to providing evidence requested to meet the criteria for free courses. There is a £100 withdrawal fee if a learner does not complete the course and we may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet their submission deadlines for their course units.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification these courses will not be funded, please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.