Health and safety training courses are highly respected by many employers, and having this course on your CV could be very beneficial.
This short, auto-marked programme will give you the knowledge you need to carry out risk assessments and to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards.
- Section 1: Roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare at work
- In this section, you will develop your understanding of employers’ and employees’ duties relating to health, safety and welfare. It covers the requirements for training and competence in the workplace and how to effectively communicate health and safety information.
- Section 2: How risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- You will cover the meaning of the terms 'hazard' and 'risk', how risk assessments are carried out and how they contribute to a reduction in workplace accidents and ill health.
- Section 3: Identifying and controlling risks from common workplace hazards
- This module will enable you to identify hazards in the workplace, understand how hazards can cause harm or damage and learn the risk controls for common hazards.
- Section 4: Procedures for responding to accidents and incidents at work
- In this section, you will cover the common causes of workplace accidents and ill health, the actions to take following an incident at work and the importance of recording incidents, accidents and ill health accurately.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034424 / Q034425
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.