IMI Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and Components (Level 4)
This course is perfect if you want to learn the diagnosis, testing and repair of electric vehicles and components.
You will be able to carry out a risk assessment on High voltage systems prior to working on them, as well as minimising the risk of injury to persons in contact with high voltage technologies.
The course includes:
- IMI awards overview
- Safety equipment and procedures
- Carry out insulation resistance testing on the High Voltage System and components
- Understand the use of live data and actuation tests to assist you in the diagnosis of the High Voltage System
- Potential equalisation connections and testing
- Interlock connections on DC cables – using vehicle wiring diagrams
- Carry out battery management system relay weld testing
- Test the power relays (contactors)
- Diagnose high voltage system faults, identify and minimise potential risks and demonstrate a safe working practice throughout
- Diagnose, remove and refit high voltage battery component
How to enrol onto this course
If you would like more information or to apply for this course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
Ruddington Fields Business Park
Please contact the Emtec team for details of start dates.
Fees / reductions:
This course is VAT-exempt.
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £500
Course code: C034894 / Q034895
IMI Level 4 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement
You must have the IMI Level 3 Electric Vehicle qualification and a 1000 word assignment based on the knowledge gained at level 3.
|Teaching & assessment||
Continual practical assessment and a 1000 word assignment prior to attending.