Introduction to First Aid – Zone 4 (CPD) — Online Learning
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge you need to understand the key areas of first aid.
The course will enable you to increase the safety of yourself and others in the workplace and in other everyday environments.
This is a great course for anyone who is interested in first aid, as it will provide you with crucial skills that apply to all aspects of work and everyday life.
Zone 4 is made up of five manageable sections:
- Section 1: Head Injuries
- This section explains what a head injury entails, the signs and symptoms of a minor head injury, the signs and symptoms of a serious head injury, and the appropriate treatment for head injuries.
- Section 2: Severe Allergic Reaction
- In this section, you will learn what an allergic reaction is, what a severe allergic reaction is, the signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction, and how to treat an individual for an allergic reaction.
- Section 3: Strokes
- This section covers the different types of strokes, the causes of strokes, how to treat a casualty suffering from a stroke and the appropriate first aid response for a stroke.
- Section 4: Unconscious casualty
- In this section, you will look at what unconsciousness is, how to check if an individual is breathing, how to open someone’s airway, how to place someone in the recovery position, and the importance of the recovery position.
- Section 5: Resuscitation
- This section covers CPR, how to carry out CPR, how to carry out hands only CPR and the importance of carrying out CPR correctly. You will also learn how to carry out CPR for children of different ages, and will gain an understanding of the legal protection for first-aiders.
How to enrol onto this course
You can enrol onto this course using our online enrolment system.
Hit the button below to enrol now!
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034370 / Q034371
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.