This course will consolidate existing knowledge of Microsoft Excel at Level 1 using Microsoft Office 2016.
- Understand the ribbon in excel.
- Enter data, numbers and symbols in the relevant cells.
- Understand the different mouse shapes.
- Edit and format text and adjust text alignment.
- Calculate using formulae including SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MIN and MAX.
- Display formulae and print.
- Use of Autosum, Autofill and Absolute cell referencing.
- Layout and print worksheets.
- Save/open file into specified drives and folders.
- Use Page Setup – fit data to one page, use of margins and headers/footers.
- Create and modify charts (Column, Bar, Pie and Line). Use of basic IF and COUNTIF functions.
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
Start: 14th September 2021
End: 16th November 2021
Time: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £101.25
Tuition fees may be waived if you are in receipt of certain benefits. Please see our Community Learning Courses page to see if you can claim a fee reduction.
Course code: C030532 / Q032657
You must be comfortable using a computer and have some basic experience of Microsoft Excel 2016.
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College sites.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
Tutor: Fiona Dracott