A T Level is a nationally-recognised qualification that is worth the same number of UCAS points as 3 A levels and is accepted by universities and includes a minimum of 9 weeks working with an employer on an industry placement.
During the 2-year programme, you will learn the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of education and childcare occupations. This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in early years education, childcare or assisting teaching.
You will will develop an understanding of:
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- Child development
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Observing and assessing children and young people
- Equality and diversity
- Special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- Working with parents, carers and wider families
- Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- Reflective practice and other forms of professional development
In addition to the core content, you will study the following specialism:
- Early years educator
This course will be taught at our City Hub Campus where you will have access to fantastic facilities and state-of-the-art virtual learning technologies and equipment.
111 Canal Street
Start: Monday 11th September 2023
Course code: C042200 / Q042201
NCFE T Level Technical Qualification in Education and Childcare
You will need 5 GCSEs including English language and Maths at grade 5.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will have the chance to show how much you have learned via:
Students can progress into roles such as:
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees.
If you are aged 19 or over you may still be eligible for funding. Check out our Financial Help pages to find out more!
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.