A T Level is a nationally-recognised qualification that is worth the same number of UCAS points as 3 A levels and is accepted by universities and includes a minimum of 750 hours working with an employer on an industry placement.
During the 2-year programme, you will learn the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of education and childcare occupations. This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in early years education, childcare or assisting teaching.
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- Child development
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Observing and assessing children and young people
- Equality and diversity
- Special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- Working with parents, carers and wider families
- Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- Reflective practice and other forms of professional development
In addition to the core content, you will study the following specialism:
- Early years educator
This course will be taught at our City Hub Campus where you will have access to fantastic facilities and state-of-the-art virtual learning technologies and equipment.
111 Canal Street
Start: Monday 4th September 2023
Course code: C042200 / Q042201
NCFE T Level Technical Qualification in Education and Early Years
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or higher, including English Language and Maths.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will have the chance to show how much you have learned via:
Students can progress into roles such as:
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees.
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.