This qualification aims to give fundamental training to new starters, or to update existing employees’ training, in essential areas such as rights and responsibilities, manual handling, health and safety, fire safety and DSE risk assessment.
The induction programme is split into five core areas but is tailorable should you wish to cater this to your needs with a range of additional bolt-ons.
This programme includes:
- Section 1: Rights and responsibilities
- Within this section, you will gain knowledge about the rights and responsibilities of both an employee and an employer. It also covers employment law and the Employment Rights Act.
- Section 2: Health and safety
- In this section, you will gain an understanding of employers' and employees' duties relating to health, safety and welfare. It covers the requirements for training and competence, and communicating health and safety information.
- Section 3: Fire safety principles
- This section covers how to identify different causes of fires in the workplace, understand the hazards during and after, and also understand the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
- Section 4: DSE risk assessment
- In this section, you will develop your understanding of the reasons for conducting DSE risk assessments, problems that may occur when working with DSE and the legal requirements that come under health and safety legislation.
- Section 5: Manual handling
- This section explores efficient and safe manual handling principles, including moving a load manually on your own, good handling techniques and using manual handling aids and equipment. You will also consider ill health associated with incorrect manual handling, the employers' and employees' duties and the possible consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements.
Our programme is different to other induction courses because it is great for individuals working in businesses of any size and can be tailored to suit any training needs through additional bolt-ons in other areas including:
- First aid
- Leadership and management
|Date / time
|Fees / reductions
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034410 / Q034411
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.