The occupation covered by this standard is Construction Design and Build Technician and typical job titles can include: Assistant Design Co-ordinator or Design and Build Co-ordinator.
In the case of SME construction companies the roles are likely to include Design Co-ordinator or Design Manager.
They are associated with the co-ordination of design information on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in offices.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Design and Build Technician are:
- Identification of client requirements in construction projects
- Identification of health and safety risks in the design of projects
- Checking of compliance with regulations on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Assisting architects with the development of detailed design on a construction project
- Co-ordinate design information on a construction project
- Monitoring of quality on a construction project
- Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project
|Study location||Basford 664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ|
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time of the year.
Construction Design and Build Technician - Level 4 Standard
You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant job but we can assist you in finding a placement
You will also need at least 5 GCSEs at Grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) including Maths at Grade 9 - 6 (A - B), English and Science or their equivalent. Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to have achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
Students will be assigned an assessor who will monitor their progress both in college and on site. Students are required to keep a portfolio of evidence generated in the workplace.
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours typically required to achieve Technician status or the equivalent with the industry’s recognised professional bodies. The final assessment process for this Apprenticeship will typically be representative of the review process required for professional registration.