Dementia Awareness (CPD) — Online Learning
Our Dementia Awareness course will provide you with the vital knowledge needed to begin tackling dementia, through understanding what it is and how to support those who are affected by it.
- Section 1: Understanding what dementia is
- In this section, you will build your understanding of what dementia is, the key functions of the brain that are affected by it and why other conditions may be mistaken for dementia.
- Section 2: Understanding key features of theoretical models of dementia
- On completing this section, you will be able to accurately identify models of dementia within health and social care and understand dementia as a disability.
- Section 3: Know the most common types of dementia and their causes
- You will learn about the most common causes of dementia, the signs and symptoms of these and the risk factors. You will also identify the prevalence rates for different types of dementia.
- Section 4: Understanding factors relating to an individual’s experience of dementia
- This section covers how different individuals may experience living with dementia depending on age, type of dementia and level of ability and disability. You will also learn about the impact that the attitudes and behaviours of others may have on an individual with dementia.
How to enrol onto this course
You can enrol onto this course using our online enrolment system.
Hit the button below to enrol now!
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Tuition fee: £28.50
Course code: C034432 / Q034433
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.