This qualification will introduce you to the skills that are required to plan, organise and evaluate events by developing your knowledge and understanding.
Areas covered include marketing methods and resources, market research, human resources, communication and customer service relevant to events.
- Planning an event
- The extent of the events industry
- The scope of the event planner role
- Planning an event
- Planning for contingencies
- The need for health, safety and security measures
- Reviewing and evaluating an event
- The importance of review and evaluation
- The sources of information available for evaluating an event
- The range of tool available for event evaluation
- Planning the evaluation of an event
- Marketing and market research for event planning
- Understand why market research is important
- The methods and resources available for marketing
- Planning the marketing of an event
- Planning human resources for events
- Understand how an event is managed
- Understand the team which contribute to an event
- Understand the human resource requirements for an event
- Communication and customer service for events
- Understand the importance of communication at events
- Understand equality and diversity in relation to events
- Understand why customer service is important at an event
- Produce guidance on expected standards of customer service for staff use
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
Start: Monday 1st August 2022
End: Monday 18th December 2023
Course code: C037853 / Q037854
Event Planning (TQUK Level 2 Certificate)
You will study this course at your own pace, but it must be completed within 12 weeks. You will receive an automated email reminding you of when you need to complete your assignment.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full* by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.