This short, auto-marked programme will give you the knowledge you need to understand fire hazards and risks and how to effectively identify and control any hazards.
- Section 1: Fire hazards and risks
- In this section, you will learn about how fires are caused in the workplace, the fire triangle, hazards during or after a fire and the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
- Section 2: Controlling fire risks
- This section will build your knowledge of identifying and controlling fire hazards at work. You will also learn what is meant by the term 'means of escape' in relation to fire hazards and will look at typical components of this. The principles of extinguishing fires will be covered, along with the use of portable firefighting equipment and fixed firefighting systems.
- Section 3: Fire safety management
- Upon completing this section, you will understand the duties of employers and employees in relation to workplace fire safety, how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection and the stages of a fire risk assessment.
- Section 4: The role of the Fire Warden
- In this section, you will work towards an understanding of the role and function of the Fire Warden and the contents of a fire safety briefing.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034422 / Q034423
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.