Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technicians covers 7 roles: Electrical Technicians; Mechanical Technicians; Control and Instrumentation Technicians; Wind Turbine Technicians Electrical System and Process Control Technicians; Electromechanical Technicians and Plant Operations Technicians.
You will learn:
- the first principles relating to the operation and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment
- relevant industry health and safety standards, regulations, and environmental and regulatory requirements
- maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment
- the relevant engineering theories and principles relative to their occupation
You will apply your knowledge of plant and systems to safely perform maintenance and operational activities with minimum supervision. This will require you to:
- comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations
- locate, and rectify faults on plant and equipment
- communicate with and provide information to stakeholders in line with personal role and responsibilities
- read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
- prepare work areas to undertake work related activities and reinstate those areas after the completion of the work related activities
- inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
- assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
- communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification
|Study location||Highfields Jesse Boot Avenue, Science Park, University Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 2RU|
42 months including the End Point Assessment
You will need GCSEs at grades 9 to 4/A* to C English Language and Maths. Some employers may require additional qualifications depending on the role
You will also need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant job but we can assist you in finding a placement.
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will develop an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the qualification. Evidence can be generated by observation of your workplace, witness testimonies, case studies or personal accounts of events. Online tests may be used to confirm your knowledge and understanding as well as an End Point Assessment.
You could progress to: