The Core Gas Safety Assessment covers the core competencies needed to obtain the Gas Safe certification.
The theory and assessment covers:
- Gas safety legislation
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators
- Identification of unsafe situations, emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves
- Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney and flue standards, inspection and testing
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
664 Nuthall Road
Gas courses/exams are run on demand.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £600
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034829 / Q034830
All students must be employed in the industry and currently hold a gas qualification or equivalent.
This is qualification is mandatory for gas installers who require the Gas Safe certification.
You will undertake theory and practical activities to assess competence.
Any domestic appliance category can be taken upon successful completion of CCN1