This course aims to provide you with the knowledge you need to understand the key areas of first aid.
The course will enable you to increase the safety of yourself and others in the workplace and in other everyday environments. This is a great course for anyone who is interested in first aid, as it will provide you with crucial skills that apply to all aspects of work and everyday life.
Zone 1 is made up of four manageable sections:
- Section 1: The role of the first-aider
- In this section, you will look at what first aid is, what shock is, the key aims of first aid, managing infection, the contents of a first aid kit and the importance of reporting and recording workplace accidents.
- Section 2: Managing an emergency
- This section covers the methods used to approach incidents and manage an emergency. You will look at different ways of identifying dangers to a casualty and eliminating common dangers in an emergency.
- Section 3: Basic patient assessment skills
- You will learn about primary and secondary surveys that can be used when assessing a casualty in this section. You will also look at how to observe a casualty and observe their breathing and pain.
- Section 4: Minor injuries
- This section covers the techniques used for administering first aid for small cuts and grazes, for minor burns and scalds, for a casualty with a burn and for small splinters.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034364 / Q034365
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.