This course will enable you to increase the safety of yourself and others in the workplace and in other everyday environments.
It is a great course for anyone who is interested in first aid, as it will provide you with crucial skills that apply to all aspects of work and everyday life.
Zone 3 is made up of four manageable sections:
- Section 1: Choking (Adult)
- In this section, you will learn what choking is, the signs of choking and a blocked airway, how to respond when someone is choking, and how to administer first aid to an individual who is
- Section 2: Chest pains (including heart attack)
- You will learn how a heart attack occurs, the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, the effects of and treatment for angina, the first aid that is appropriate for a conscious patient and the first aid that should be administered to an unconscious or unresponsive patient.
- Section 3: Seizures
- In this section, you will look at what a seizure involves, the signs and symptoms of a seizure, the different types of seizures, when to call an ambulance and the actions to take if an individual has a seizure. You will also learn what a first-aider should do in response to a seizure and what they should not do.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £28.50
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034368 / Q034369
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English.
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.