This course will enable you to increase the safety of yourself and others in the workplace and in other everyday environments.
It is a great course for anyone who is interested in first aid, as it will provide you with crucial skills that apply to all aspects of work and everyday life.
Zone 3 is made up of four manageable sections:
- Section 1: Choking (Adult)
- In this section, you will learn what choking is, the signs of choking and a blocked airway, how to respond when someone is choking, and how to administer first aid to an individual who is
- Section 2: Chest pains (including heart attack)
- You will learn how a heart attack occurs, the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, the effects of and treatment for angina, the first aid that is appropriate for a conscious patient and the first aid that should be administered to an unconscious or unresponsive patient.
- Section 3: Seizures
- In this section, you will look at what a seizure involves, the signs and symptoms of a seizure, the different types of seizures, when to call an ambulance and the actions to take if an individual has a seizure. You will also learn what a first-aider should do in response to a seizure and what they should not do.
How to enrol onto this course
It is no longer possible to apply for this course.
Please check back later, as we may be offering the course again in the future.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English and be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course is auto-assessed with questions throughout the learning material.