The course is suitable but not limited to those who may interact with individual with mental health issues and support needs in their day-to-day lives, such as customer service, housing, hospitality, travel and tourism, sport and recreation and the voluntary sector.
1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem in any given year. They range from common problems, such as depression and anxiety, to rare problems like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Mental Health First Aid is a growing phenomenon to help tackle the mental health crisis.
Unit 1: Exploring mental health
- Section 1: Know what is meant by mental health and mental ill health
- Section 2: Understand factors which may contribute to mental ill health
- Section 3: Understand types of mental ill health in individuals
- Section 4: Understand actions to take when an individual is facing a mental health crisis
Unit 2: Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health.
- Section 1: Understand the importance of positive relationships
- Section 2: Understand the importance of a person-centred approach to supporting mental ill health
- Section 3: Understand own responsibilities and limitations in relation to the mental health of others and how to protect own mental health when supporting others
- Section 4: Understand the impact of attitudes and perceptions of mental health for individuals and organisations
Unit 3: Understand a mentally healthy environment.
- Section 1: Know about the legislative framework relevant to mental health
- Section 2: Understand mentally healthy environments
- Section 3: Understand the importance of having a wellness action plan
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C045513 / Q045514
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace
You will study this course at your own pace, but it must be completed within 12 weeks. You will receive an automated email reminding you of when you need to complete your assignment.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but you must be aged 19 or over.
|Teaching & assessment||
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform, and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
Learners may be eligible for funding* which means the course will be free to complete, subject to providing evidence requested to meet the criteria for free courses. There is a £100 withdrawal fee if a learner does not complete the course and we may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet their submission deadlines for their course units.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.
You must be aged 19+ to apply for this course.